Boiling water bath canning is great way to preserve your fruit jams, jellies and conserves.
It is important to follow set guidelines when using the water bath canner to ensure that your food is processed properly to avoid it from spoiling.
*FTC Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases with no extra cost to you
*FTC Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying
purchases with no extra cost to you
You don't want to go through all the work of canning, only to find out later that, when you open your prize jam or jelly, you are greeted with mold on the surface of product of all your creative effort!
Scroll further down this page for the recommendations for water bath canning according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
*The U.S. Department of Agriculture recommends the following procedure for Boiling Water Bath Canning for jams, jellies, and conserves.
l. Fill the canner halfway with water. Preheat water to 180° F.
2. Load filled jars, fitted with lids, into the canner rack and use the handles to lower the rack into the water; or fill the canner, one jar at a time, using a jar lifter.
3. Add more boiling water, if needed, so the water level is at least 1 inch above the jar tops. Turn heat to the highest position until water boils vigorously.
4. Set a timer for the recommended processing time.
5. Cover with the canner lid and reduce the heat setting to maintain a gentle boil throughout the processing time. Add more boiling water, if needed, to keep the water level above the jars.
6. When jars have been boiled for the recommended time, turn off the heat and remove the canner lid.
7. Using a jar lifter, remove the jars and place them on a towel, leaving at least 1-inch spaces between the jars during cooling.
If you are looking for recipes for the best fruit jams online, check out the links below (my "sister" websites) for choice recipes to make scrumptious jams and jellies!
GO to PEACH Jam Recipes
GO to RASPBERRY Jam Recipes
GO to RHUBARB Jam Recipes
If you wish to begin canning jams and jellies using the water bath method, here (below) are links to supplies for using this method of preserving food.
You can order these items on-line, through *Amazon.com, and, in most cases have them delivered right to your door! (Shopping doesn't get much easier than that!)
Click on the images below for more detailed product information and customer reviews.
TOP of Boiling Water Bath Canning
RETURN to Raspberry Jam and Jelly Recipes
RETURN to Tips from Raspberry-Depot
HOME to Homepage
©2010-2022 Raspberry-depot.com - All Rights Reserved Worldwide
No Reproduction Permitted Without
the Express Written Consent of the Site Owner
★ Please Visit ★
My "Sister" Sites:
Special Occasion Recipes
♥ Valentine Recipes ♥
Pancake Day Recipes
Mother's Day Recipes
Father's Day Recipes
New Year's Eve Recipes
This Knife Sharpener
is One of the Most USEFUL Kitchen Tools
that I have EVER
Purchased -- I've been using the same
Knife Sharpener as
the One Below for
Well Over 10 Years!
(click to view details)
Some of My Favorites
Special Occasion Cake Stands
No More Burned